Alright, so the opposition is creepy as all get out. Looks like I have my work cut out for me convincing you about how terrifying Mall-Santas are. Step away from the iconography of the fat man in red and think about exactly what is happening when someone sets a child down on his lap: parents are lying to their children.
Essentially, by letting a child ramble on about the newest toys and gadgets they are hoping, if not expecting, to see under the tree Christmas morning, that child is falling prey to the false notion of being good and working hard will always get them what they want. They have been spoon-fed for years that doing good deeds is something that will be rewarded. Luck is how people get rewarded. It would be more suitable if the Mall-Santa listened to the kids' wish-lists and raffled off who actually gets what they asked for. Maybe that is a little deep.
What about the fact that parents are handing off their children to strangers dressed in clothes that make them impossible to indentify, letting that oddly dressed person take a photograph with their children, and then paying a middle man so they can see the pictures. That is pretty much exactly the layout for a perfect kidnapping scheme.
Every Mall-Santa is just teaching children that it is okay to waddle off with a stranger as long as they can promise the child gifts. Mall-Santas are negatively influencing children in every possible way; how is that not terrifying? And do not forget that the person under the fake beard is personifying a fictional man who uses slave labor to mass produce toys and defies the laws of time and space to break into every single house in the world. That sounds like a villain to me.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Xavierite News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE XAVIERITE NEWS
- The Importance of Film Preservation: Part Two
- The Must-Read Manga List: Love is in the Air
- No. 9 Saint Xavier Continues Climb Up Rankings; Keeps Winning
- University Addresses Safety Concerns
- Snooki Invades the History Channel?
- Domestic Incident Disturbs Komensky
- Women's Basketball Downs Judson; Stumbles Against Purdue Calumet
RECENT THE XAVIERITE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?