Hoping for Bowie's return
One day, as I was scrolling down the various statuses on my News Feed, I came across a link that led to an article that was beyond fascinating. The link led to a Rolling Stone poll titled, "10 Artists Who Should Make a Comeback." The artists on the list were chosen by the site's readers and among that list were names of popular, high-profile artists such as The Smiths, Pink Floyd, and Led Zeppelin. Topping the list, however, was none other than the legendary British rock star, David Bowie.
While I have always wanted Bowie to return back to the stage, knowing that other people share the same sentiments only makes me further believe that one day he eventually will. To be honest, the very thought of attending a David Bowie concert excites me beyond words! Amid many rumors that the entertainer has already silently retired from the music business, there still remains hope among fans that Bowie hasn't given up performing just yet.
And really, why should people even fathom that Bowie doesn't have the potential to make a comeback? If fellow rockers Paul McCartney and Mick Jagger could still attract and entertain thousands of spectators, then why can't Bowie?
After all, his 2004 Reality tour was a huge, worldwide success and it was even that year's highest grossing tour. Needless to say, Bowie's popularity is definitely something to be reckoned with.
However, as much as many fans would love for the glam rock king to do one last tour, if he decides to do it or not is ultimately his decision. I'm sure Bowie has a perfectly good reason as to why he'd choose to stay away from the spotlight. Even though Reality was a major hit, several of Bowie's performances had to be canceled due to an emergency heart surgery. If the singer wants to stay away from having such a stressful, public life and instead chooses to live a private, tranquil one maintaining his health and being with his family, then he should be able to do so and his fans should be more than understanding and respectful of his decision.
After all, he has had a very long, successful career spanning for four decades already, so, if the singer chooses to have a break from it all, then it's perfectly understandable.
However, if my dream Bowie tour can't become a reality, then I would at least love for my favorite singer to write and publish his memoirs. Nothing in this world would please me more than purchasing and reading David Bowie's autobiography!
Even though I've occasionally skimmed through a few Bowie biographies, they're not really worth my reading if they're merely someone else's interpretation of the man. I want to read about Bowie's life in his own words from how he remembers things - his childhood, his adolescence, and his eventual rise to stardom.
If Bowie decides to publish his memoirs, then maybe he can even make a guest appearance promoting his book on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. It's obvious that Ferguson is a fan of Bowie judging from his Tweet-Mail jingle featuring an Aladdin Sane skeleton to his mere mentioning of Bowie in his autobiography.
Having a comedy genius like Ferguson and a jokester like Bowie in the same room is guaranteed to be loaded with laughs and maybe even some funny awkward moments. Maybe that's just pushing the envelope a bit, but hey, just putting it out there.
Regardless of what Bowie decides to do next with his prolific career, he can be sure to find loyal fans supporting him in his endeavors. David Bowie is a musical genius - an innovator that only comes once in a generation. His immense impact on music is clearly evident, whether it's in his influence on rock or even in his tremendous influence on other musicians.
David Bowie's music is definitely the type that will live through the ages.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Xavierite News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE XAVIERITE NEWS
- The Importance of Film Preservation: Part Two
- The Must-Read Manga List: Love is in the Air
- No. 9 Saint Xavier Continues Climb Up Rankings; Keeps Winning
- University Addresses Safety Concerns
- Snooki Invades the History Channel?
- Domestic Incident Disturbs Komensky
- Women's Basketball Downs Judson; Stumbles Against Purdue Calumet
RECENT THE XAVIERITE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”